Monday, July 8, 2013

Effective Communications Tip #3


MIND OVER MATTER AND MOUTH

The Filipino is considered the most emotional people in the world according to Gallup polls release November of last year. This means we are feeling more and thinking less. This poses as a great challenge to public speakers.

Public speaking starts with the mind and not the mouth.
A great deal of public speaking begins even before you go up the stage. It starts with the thinking process.
The human mind is like a computer hard disk.
Garbage in = Garbage out.
What you put into your mind you will use and go out of your mouth.
Assignment: Read more inspiring books. Watch inspiring movies. Listen to uplifting songs.

You need to put yourself in the right mind frame.
I start the day with prayer. Asking God to help me deliver what He wants the people to hear and to give me the wisdom to do my piece.
I go to the venue being inspired by good music. There is something about music that reaches down deep into the soul.
I sing along with the music. This means I am stretching my vocal chords.
Arrive early at the venue. I check out the place. Make sure that all the presentation support is there on time and ready for me.
All of these is mental work even before the mouth utters a single word.


**Excerpt from Francis Kong's FB page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...